Dean Witherspoon is President and founder of Health Enhancement Systems, the leader in worksite wellness challenges, custom health improvement solutions, and behavior change media. Since 1992, the company has worked with clients throughout North America and in Europe, Asia, and Africa. They include corporations, health plans, health systems, hospitals, government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofits, health/wellness management firms, and other groups.
Dean’s 25 years in health communication and promotion include Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, The Dow Chemical Company, and Health Enhancement Systems. He has served on the Board of the Association for Worksite Health Promotion and held several regional as well as state offices. Dean is a nationally known speaker and publisher in health promotion, having presented at more than 70 conferences and written hundreds of articles on health promotion for national publications.
For a leadership profile featuring Dean Witherspoon, download Leadership, Power, and Promoting Good Health, by StayWell CEO, Paul Terry, Ph.D.
- We’ve been creating worksite wellness challenges for corporations, health plans, health systems, hospitals, government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofits, health/wellness management firms, and other groups since 1992.
- Our wellness challenges and materials help improve the health of millions throughout North America and in Europe, Asia, and Africa — serving more than 500 organizations annually.
- We design employee wellness competitions that span the globe and engage and inspire — challenging goals, fun themes, and built-in social connections that dramatically increase participation and success.
- We focus on doing what we do better each day — by listening to participants and knowing what challenges are going on inside and outside the world of wellness.
- Health Enhancement Systems builds branded wellness campaigns as well as private label programs.
- “I really appreciate the way you are flexible and how you provide such excellent service!” - Alisa Williams, DaVita, Inc.
- “After running our wellness program for 5 years, we had run out of new ideas and never seemed to have enough time. Luckily, that’s when we discovered your programs. Now you do all the work and we get all the credit!” - Jennifer Smith, Danville Pittsylvania Community Services
- “I have always been impressed with the service I receive from Health Enhancement Systems. Today, you have exceeded any expectation I may have had!” - Nancy Miller, Gooding Group
- “You were quick to respond and accommodated our every request! Based on your exceptional customer support, I would recommend HES to anyone!” - Khaula El Sheik, Welk Resorts
- Reese Community Living Endeavor
- ST John’s NYG
- YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region
- Susan G Komen
- Michigan State University
- Big City Mountaineers
- St Jude
- World Wildlife Fund
- MSU College of Veterinary Medicine