As you gear up for fall wellness campaigns and other activities, take a moment to reflect on the first half of the year and look forward to what’s ahead. The future is bright for wellness professionals who are ready to lead. Some suggestions:
- Don’t sit back. Action, even if it’s off course, at least gets you moving. If you wait for the perfect time to move you’ll be left behind.
- Embrace risk. It’s the only way to achieve a breakthrough.
- Volunteer. It doesn’t matter what you give your time to — it’s one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself.
- Seek satisfaction. If you dread work each day, it’s time to move on.
- Ask for help. With your career, your marriage, your children, your boss. You’ll almost always get the help you need.
- Be prepared for good luck. Be open to opportunities. Expect the best.
- Don’t overstay your welcome. Leave while everyone is still smiling. And if you’re shouting louder and no one hears, it’s definitely time to go.
- Make mid-course corrections. No matter how well you plan, sometimes you’re wrong or things happen outside your control to make your plan wrong. Admit it, cut your losses, and start in a new direction.
- Try something new every day. Write it on your daily to-do list. Even small things — like a new book, a creative recipe, or a different route home — can freshen your outlook.
- Enjoy the ride. Life should be fun.
For more wellness leadership tips and insights, check out our free Need to Know series.